Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Wordpress xargs: xgettext: No such file

I was getting the following error when trying to use the Wordpress i18n-tools to generate POT files for a Wordpress plugin.

xargs: xgettext: No such file or directory
Couldn't generate POT file!


At first it didn't make sense. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't finding my plugin directory or file. It hadn't donned on me that the file which couldn't be found was actually xgettext.
I'd assumed I already had gettext installed. I know it's installed on at least one of the machines around here.

In any event, took less than 5 minutes to fix by installing gettext.

sudo apt-get install gettext

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I very happy to reach your website.
I also faced this error when I try to complie Audacity.
Thank you very much.